Catchin' up!!  

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm feelin kinda blah today. Not really sure why. I guess it's because I just don't seem to have any luck when it comes to getting back in the groove of school.

Ever since my grandfather died in 1997, I have always wanted to be a Nurse so that I could help others. I think helping my grandfather throughout that time really made me realize that I have a nack for helping others. The only reason I haven't pursued schooling for it is because I am scared of having to give shots and making a mistake that could cost someones life. The older I get though, the more I realize that you risk that same kind of thing maybe just in a different aspect. So I'm doing it. I enrolled back in school, and am fighting with the Financial Aid office to try and get myself moving again. Now that the boys are older, it will be 100% easier to devote a lot more time into my studies. The fact that I have the continuous support from my husband is a major help too. He's all for me pursing my dreams and wants to see my achieve them, just as I do with him. Unfortunately Paul's first attempt at the State EMT exam did not go over so well. He is going to take it again within the next 3 weeks - and I am almost positive that he will ace it this time. He has really been studying hard, and is more confident this time around.

I started working on Mother's Day presents this week. Paul took me to Michaels to get some things that I needed on Saturday. In my opinion.. a homemade gift is soo much more personal than something bought or ordered from the store. And it's something that will last a lifetime, unlike flowers, or candy. Ya know? I'm working on something special, taking my skills up to the next level on these. Next Monday I am finally attending my first Stampin' Up Party.. and I'm siked! Stamping is something I have wanted to learn for a very long time. My son's best friend at school's mother is the hostess of the party and we get along great. So I'm sure I will have an awesome time!

Welp - I am off to do the whole Laundry, Clorox, & Bleach thing.. ya know.. the cleaning job that is oh soo fun! Haha!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Catchin' up!!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster