Determining when Enough is... well, Enough!  

Monday, November 12, 2007

When is "enough" actually "enough"?

This question has crossed my mind sooo much lately...that I decided to blog about it. Throughout my life I have always thought that I was pretty good at deciding when enough was enough, and thought I always knew the right moment to walk away. But lately.. I'm just not sure anymore.

Bills for one. This is something that I have been stressing over since I left my job with the City of Williston. It's been rough. But at the same time.. with babysitting Tori.. I'm bringing in just about what I would be after paying for daycare for Richard and Austin (not to mention for Joey too when he's here). So why am I stressing soo much? I guess it's cause I can't say "I'll work a little overtime", or keep myself busy enough that I just don't think about it. Hell, I don't know. So when do you just give it up and decide it's not worth stressing over anymore?

Friends for another. I made amends with an old friend of mine a few months back. I figured what the hell.. and gave it a shot. At first it seemed like she had really changed, and maybe straighted her situation out some. Unfortunately though, it threw me in a bind because she was to put it easily "mortal enemies" with another friend of mine.. all because she's dating my other friends "baby daddy". LoL I know.. as if that didn't have "DRAMA" written in big red bold letters on the front of it. But just because they have issues, didn't mean I couldn't be friends with both of them. At least that's what I though. Well it was starting to show that in fact she hadn't changed, and had maybe gotten a little worse. Constantly making negative comments about my husband as if she were trying to turn me against him (not that she could have..), and not to mention how I would constantly get blamed by her for crap.. that in the end would turn out she had done to herself. I was sick of it.. but as much negative crap as she said about her relationship and issues with her mother I felt I needed to be a good friend, and stand by her. Wrong! How long should I do that and continue to be bashed and constantly brought into drama by her, that had absolutely nothing to do with me? I think I did it for longer that I should have.. and on this one I was bad at deciding when "enough was enough".

The baby daddy for another. This is the same old story. He screws up, lies to me, is 2-faced, and yet I continue to give him chance after chance after chance. Why? Simply because he's the father of my oldest son, and I have always felt as though we should remain more than acquaintences simply for my child's sake. I thought maybe even friends. But I have had enough of the deceiving, and have decided I am no longer going to deal with it. It's my time to be me against him. I'm the custodial parent.. and for now on.. what I say goes. Point blank. No more catering to his schedule. Sorry bud... but enough is... ENOUGH!!!

Ok.. so I have vented. But I'm still curious what others would say when asked the question "when is enough actually enough?".

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster