Yet again.. I'm not amazed!  

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Other than flipping through the paper to grab the sales ad's and coupons... I rarely read the newspaper anymore. Sometimes I may find an interesting article or two, but for the most part... it's pathetic. Don't get me wrong.. I do like to stay up on what is going on around my community and all.. but that's why I have the news. LoL

On Sunday.. I picked up a paper... for the ad's of course. While waiting for Richard's father to show up to pick him up (which he never did) I flipped through and read some of the articles. The normal was in there.. stupid people doing stupid things for attention, the government stuff, sports, blah... Then one caught my eye

"A ban on gay marriage may go on '08 ballot"
A constitutional amendment to ban gay marriages in
Florida is closing in on a spot on the 2008 election
ballot, triggering a political battle that could sway
voters in a presidential year. Florida4Marriage, the
group pushing the amendment, has garnered 597,000
signatures and needs only 13,000 more to put it before voters.

Are you freaking kidding me?!!? I can, alone, think of at least a hundred more important things that this world should be worrying about. If someone wants to have an intimate relationship with someone of the same sex... that should be their business. Not mine, not yours, not ali-bab, not anyones other than the 2 involved. It's a preference.. and damn sure doesn't belong on the 2008 ballot. I mean.. come on. Seriously? Geesh people! How about we put the gas prices on there.. or the fact that hundreds of innocent people are overseas dying in Iraq and they just keep sending more?!

This article just proves, yet again, that politics is nothing more than a pile of shit. Sometimes I wonder why we even have a government. It seems like they cause more controversy and problems than they resolve or even attempt to resolve.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster